There is no doubt that small things done with great love can change the world. A random act of kindness with no strings attached is a great way to show the love of Jesus to those around us.
Who doesn’t like to be given a free cup of coffee on a cold day? Especially by someone who is smiling, happy and having fun. This type of servant evangelism wins the heart before it confronts the mind. A small act of kindness nudges a person closer to God, often in a profound way.
SPREAD THE LOVE
Acts of Kindness cards are available at the Next Steps Sunday during our Sunday service or by contacting us. If you’d like to print your own, download the template from our Resources page.
Not sure what to do next?
Here are 10 ideas to get you started:
- Deliver fresh-baked cookies to a neighbor or co-worker.
- Bring someone flowers.
- Offer to baby-sit for free.
- Pay for the order behind you in the drive-thru.
- Send a note of encouragement to someone.
- Give another driver your parking spot.
- Leave a big tip for a waiter or waitress.
- Slip a $20 bill to someone who you know is struggling financially.
- Bake goodies and take them to the police station, fire station, or hospital.
- Cook a meal for a neighbor or co-worker.
You’ll hear responses like:
- “Oh, thank you!”
- “This is so nice!”
- “I can’t believe this is for free!” and,
- “Why are you doing this?”
With each act, leave a card with them to let them know that God loves them. Kindness builds the bridge for the person to receive a touch of love from God. It’s simple, practical, effective, inexpensive and fun!